Custom Search

Sunday, June 21, 2009

It’s Father’s Day


This is the first Fathers’ Day after Dad has gone. It is sad; very sad because I miss him so much and there is no way I can see him again in this lifetime. I remember last year, I have given him an Avon Musk cologne as a gift. He even proudly showed it to Mom.

Actually, Mom has celebrated her 78th birthday last Sunday and it is also her first birthday after Dad has passed away. She is sad but the greeters somehow has chased away her loneliness for a moment especially when Elisha has sung a song for her birthday in church.

Dad’s death is something I know would happen but I have never welcomed in my mind. He is strong especially at his age. I have always thought that he would live longer than others. However, when he has suffered from stroke in January of 2006, my life has changed indescribably.

He literally lifts me up; he carries me on his back. He has been my feet. Then suddenly, he is no longer as strong as he used to be. Almost three years have passed before his mortal body has succumbed to a sudden cardiac death. Now, I have lost my feet; the man who carries me on his back.

Photo Courtesy of:
http://congratulationsandcelebrations.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...