Custom Search

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kris Aquino’s Lament

Toward the last part of the funeral rites for President Cory that I was watching on GMA-7, Kris Aquino, daughter of the late president, went up to the podium to say her final tribute to her mom. She was very emotional.

A part of her discourse struck me so much; “I lied to her (referring to her mom) when I told her that we’re going to be ok… It would take a lifetime for us to be ok…” Her words kept coming back to me, over and over…

Death is such a painful parting most especially with a parent who have been with you all your life; helping you, serving you, teaching you and guiding you. Her words have made me recall my dad who has left too. After 8 months, I still miss him so much. She is right, family occasions like Christmas will never be the same again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...