Custom Search

Thursday, July 30, 2009

An Unexpected Dream


I had a dream about dad one night and I told mom about it the following morning with excitement although I was close to tears. For several months after dad’s death, I wanted to dream about him but I would always wake up frustrated so it came to a point that I stopped expecting. Then suddenly, one night, when I was not expecting it, the dream came…

Dad came home and entered the gate wearing his favorite blue polo and fatigue shorts. He rode a tricycle. It seemed that there were concerned people who brought him home because he was thanking them. We were all shocked at the sight. Then he came up to us and said, “I did not die. I just got lost when I tried to go home from the hospital on my own. Aside from that, I met an accident so I could not look for the right way back home.” He sat down and showed to us his foot. We saw a wound that had not healed completely. “Yes, it is true!” Mom exclaimed. She, then, attended to him like she had always done before. She was crying in joy while I was looking on still shocked…

Then I woke up. It was just a dream. For a while, I was thinking, “What if it is true?” I wanted it to be true. “What if Dad is somewhere wanting to go home?” For a moment I thought of exhuming his remains to make sure that it was really him. However, I saw him inside the casket, it was him, sadly. Yes, dad had gone home but not here with us but to his heavenly Father. I will see him there in the heavenly mansions sooner or later…

Photo from:
www.inhabitots.com/.../

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...