Custom Search

Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad

It’s Dad’s 72nd birthday! His first after his passing last December. It has been our family’s tradition to celebrate our birthdays with a small family feast. Before, Dad would buy a mocha cake roll and a half-gallon “fruit salad” ice cream (Mom’s favorite). However, he is not here anymore so for the first time, we do not have a cake and ice cream for Dad’s birthday.

We went to his burial place early morning, we brought some flowers and lighted a small candle. We wanted to spend a few hours with him. As I sat on my wheel chair, I stared at the marble epitaph reading his name repeatedly in my mind. I still could not believe that I was at the grave of my father. I miss him so much…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...