Custom Search

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dad’s First Death Anniversary


We went to the cemetery to remember Dad. We brought flowers, lighted two white candles and spent a few hours just being with him there in his cold and lonely resting place, physically and emotionally speaking. His remains is there all by itself, six feet under the cold earth. Sometimes I am wondering, how he is doing there. I feel like I want to see even just his bones but I need to face the fact that I cannot see him again.

Spiritually speaking, I know He is with the Lord. My consolation is in knowing that He is enjoying the presence of God now that He is outside of the perishable mortal body. I do not know how it will be in heaven, if I will still recognize him as my human dad or not but I hope that we will meet once again there to worship the Lamb of God upon His throne.

We had a short memorial service later that afternoon led by our Pastor Orlino Veron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...