Custom Search

Monday, June 7, 2010

Goldilock’s Pulvoron

Yesterday, as I arrived in church, Lior, the son of our pastor approached me and said (in Filipino): “Nobody’s giving me polvoron (a kind of pastry) anymore. Lolo’s dead (lolo means grandfather). I won’t see him anymore”… He told me that repeatedly.

I didn’t know how to react. The boy was referring to my dad. When he was still alive, he would always bring Goldilock’s Polvoron for him. The boy’s words surprised me. After more than a year, a little boy still misses him with affection.

Lior at play w/ Pastor Orly at the background
It consoles me to know that dad has touched a boy’s life even in a small way. I hope he doesn’t outgrow the memory. One of these days, I’ll try to bring some Goldilock’s Polvoron for Lior again.
            





             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...