Custom Search

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mom’s A Candidate for Insulin Shot

Mom and I
Mom has gone to her doctor the other day for her regular check up. Her lab results reveal high cholesterol, high triglycerides and high fasting blood sugar. It’s good her creatinine is normal. It means her kidneys are functioning well.

However, her doctor says her blood sugar level is already alarming and if it would not go down, she would need to get insulin shots.

I would need to manage her diet well. My problem is that I could not take it when she asks for sweets like ice cream and cake. I would easily give in. I guess, this time, I have to be stricter. I have heard about sugar free cakes so I do not have a problem with that but she loves Ice Cream; with that I have a problem because I will have to say goodbye to Ice Cream too.

I will have to take care of Mom so we could still be together for a longer time. I’m sure that’s what Dad would ask me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...